Friday, May 3, 2013

ITALY!!!!


Ciao!

So Im finally in my zone and unpacked! My zone is called Roma 3. my Trainer told me its compared to the projects in new york hahah its SOOOOO beautiful!! It's really what you would think Rome would look like however graffiti on EVERYTHING! one of the graffiti's that I saw was in English so i could read it.. and it just said "hot boys" over and over again haha it was kind of funny! Lets see, we take the bus and trams everywhere! and walk a lot! This morning I left the Villa (there is a mission home and a mission house. The mission home is the one you send packages too but it is also one of our only church buildings. The mission house or the villa is a house that Mousillini (spell check i don't know how to spell his name) built for his niece a very long time ago. I will try to send pictures of it! its very beautiful! So I love my area already, it really is kind of a ghetto, but ahhh its gorgeous!!! i have two companions right now because they didn't have enough sisters to train all the new sisters. haha. Isn't that funny! AHH I REALLY LOVE IT! Mom you would love it here! they have honeysuckle everywhere. The city is super humid and the air taste like honeysuckle! e molto bella!!! Also there are a lot of random statues everywhere with like latan carved into them! Also another cool fact, there are a ton of huge walls (like great wall of china big, but no really!) and then there will be a huge archway in the middle of the wall kind of like how the Vatican is. Anyways, long ago they had gated cities so everywhere you drive, you can only drive in by going under the arch! The walls are beautiful, they all have ivy and they are super old!!! Lets see, what else could i talk about... OH so the lady I sat by on the plane over here was so funny. She was Irish and like 110 years old and all she kept asking me if i was a "virgin" and how bad it is that people dont get married these days. YIKES! So I got to share with her the law of chastity. So that was kind of funny, we also talked about the word of wisdom. So yeah, pretty interesting!

So when we flew into Rome there was no one their to greet us so we had to find the mission home phone number. Then we would just walk around with the number saying "per favore aiuto?" till someone dialed the number for us and let us borrow their phone. haha! So we arrived about 12:05 and they came to pick us up about 4:00! So we got to sit and watch people for a while!! haha

The pizza is amazing!! The pasta was food for my soul and we are going to get gelato after this! hahah, so yep better then MTC food!

There was so much that happened in the last couple of days that i dont even know where to begin! ahhh all i can really say is that rome is SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! ahh I really can't even tell you how pretty it is!

Oh so guess what! There are a lot of mosquitos here like so many that sometimes you see huge swarms that make it so you cant see your companion! I have a lot of bites already, hahah! Also its SUPER humid!! my hair is like SUPER frizzy! I washed it last night and its still not dry!! Well i guess my hair will be in a bun for the next 17 months! We get to go to meet some of our investigators today! We have a lot!! so i'm SOOO excited!! Also half of them speak English. We also are teaching an english class tonight!

Oh i also love when you see the old men yelling on the sidewalks at cars in italian haha its sooo funny

The keyboard im using right now is in italian so if I spell things wrong know that i have no idea how to use this thing, alright! haha

Ok so with letters they go straight to my appartment so will you post my new address on facebook. All packages go the the mission home or they will get stolen! So send them to the mission home! ok love you guys I miss you like crazy!!!! I LOVE MY MISSION SO FREAKING MUCH!!! ok love you u!!

Sorella Felice!!


So before Paula left she made pillowcases for all her friends and family for Christmas. Her friends got together and went to the fabric store, found all the fabric she used for their individual pillowcases, and made her one. So she has a piece of them with her! She said she bawled when she opened it. 


We learned that Paula's companions first name is Audrey. So "Audrey and Paula"... they sound like old women!!  We will miss having her in all the pictures. I'm sure they will be lifelong friends!



Classic Paula face.

All of the Romanian Missionary's minus a few. They could not find them. 


Classic Paula


Go Utes


Protecting their luggage from the Gypsies. Yes.. the Gypsies!


Tiny cars everywhere!


Some random pretty building in her mission.


The mission house



Mission President and his cute wife




So happy to not be eating MTC food. Look at this bakery!!


A cat that lives outside her building and looks like her "Tig" that she misses with all of her heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment