Friday, May 17, 2013

Spiral Stairs!!!



Ciao tutti!!

Oh my gosh talking to all of you this week was so amazing!! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family! It literally hurt when I had to turn the Skype off!! You all seemed so great and Marley is sooooo big! Oh my gosh, it was crazy! and Nathan and Bryan are so stinking cute!!! I hope you had a great mothers day Mom!! I love you so much!!

There was so much that happened this week, I don"t even know where to begin!! first off after my email last week we went to St. Peters square and climbed to the top of the Basilica! It took over an hour to climb and my legs were shaking! It was so far up and the stairs were tiny. It was a spiral staircase with no railings, but a rope that came down the center instead. Seriously it was really like rock climbing.. haha! It was super fun but way scary because when we got the the dome part, it started to curve and all i could imagine was falling thousands of stairs to my death! But I didn't so we are all good! I'll send pics of the Vatican.. it was just so amazing I can't describe it in words!

So this week we were teaching one of our Phillipino friends, Dexter. Sorella Anderson was talking about the members and missionaries and she said "by their works shall you know them" and as soon as she said that a bird pooped on her head. HA! I almost peed!! She was just like "oh my goodness a bird just pooped on my... I just got pooped on!!" it was super funny!!

Yesterday we were trying to find a less active named Beniamino and we passed by a karaoke bar and this drunk old Italian man was singing..... it was pretty great hah

Also if i haven't told you about pranzo yet, it's crazy!! So pranzo is lunch time and the whole city closes down from about one to four and takes naps!! No joke!! They just go home and NAP!! I wish the US would do that! but it kind of sucks for missionary work because we have to go back to do language and training study because no one is out to teach :(

We have this one investigator named Lucy Daniela and she makes us pray holding hands. All of us have to pray too. So we take turns and she is the kind of person that is like "amen" and "praise the lord" in the prayer. So the first time I taught her I was so shocked and I almost laughed which would have been bad!! Also this week while I was praying she told me to pray for her to know which boyfriend she should choose to keep. YIKES! That was weird... I think our next lesson might be the law of chastity. HAHA

On Sunday, a member invited us over to eat! His name is Dennis and he is from Nigeria.  We were eating and guess what I HAD TO EAT LAMB! I was going to cry!!!! (editors note... just incase you are wondering why Paula was going to cry. She loves lamb's and the thought of eating one just made her super sad) It was so funny we are sitting at this table eating Ghanese food (ghana) listening to Cuban music (the kind that you hear as a car drives by and you can hear the base and all you want to do is dance) in the middle of Rome with our member.... when will i ever have that experience again in my life!

So we have another new member we went to go visit this week and she lives in a Nigerian refugee camp. We got there and everyone was gathered outside the camp. They were all screaming "we will survive" or " we will win this fight". We are just like  what the hannah is going on.... apparently the camp was giving them bad food and they hadn't given them baby food to feed their kids for like two weeks!! The food truck was coming and they were going to fight!!! So we had to leave fast but we did see Dorris before we left. We told her we would see her another day this week. I felt so bad for them... :( They have been through so much!

yesterday was kind of sad we worked super hard but we had all zeros at the end of the day. Every single one of our appointments fell through. But we tried as hard as we could, and we got to talk to A LOT of people which was good.

Also, yesterday we were talking to this guy and we said we were from America. He started screaming "America" and then he like lifted up his shirt and was saying "America, America....." That was a weird moment.

today we went to the Vatican museum and oh my heck, they have soooo much stuff there!!! We saw a real mummy!! and tons of Michael Angelo paintings!! We went to the Sistine Chapel too. It was to die for, gorgeous! We couldn't take pics in there, out of respect, but I still can't believe how cool it was!!! I will send pics of the rest of the things we saw! (editors note... if you're wondering why Paula and her companions have so much free time to go see the sites like this, it is because they can do laundry all week in there apartment. So there P-days are not just spent doing laundry all day)

While we were walking to the Vatican this guy started walking next to and he said (probably five times) to me "what a beautiful waste"???? He was creepy, so I started to run! We also went to the best Gelateria in the city. "Old Bridge Gelato".... YUMM  :) and then we walked past a store and they were playing "Call Me Maybe" on the radio!! hahah good day!!

ok so I think that was about it that I could think of that you guys would think interesting. Well I love you all so much and miss you like crazy!! you're the best

vi voglio bene!!

Sorella Felice







No comments:

Post a Comment