Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Anyone Want Some Gelato


Ciao tutti!

So this week has been so amazing! I can't believe that i'm finally here! My first night here we had an english course (we teach english and its the biggest tool for us to find people. Right now we have 5 investigators just from english). So we have the option to either take the tram or the bus to class (the bus is way better because it takes us right to the church. The tram drops us off about a mile from the church). So we are waiting for either the bus or tram and the tram comes so were like ok. So we run for the tram and right at 1 the bus came so we took the bus. Little miracle however, when we got on the bus this guy from peru came and sat down next to us. He said he wanted to come to english courses and learn more about the church! So, i'm glad we didn't get on the tram. hahah. That night I had my first real pizza (so yummy) and then I got this egyptian mango juice which was to die for!!!

Its really interesting, we don't actually teach a lot of italians. Half of our investigators are either Nigerian or Phillipino and they all speak english! haha! wahoo!! also a lot of the italians speak English! The Phillipino are amazing though! We have a huge Phillipino population in our Ward and on Sunday we had a little get together with all of them to break our fast. They are just the cutest people! However, I am now fluent in Phillipino English! I wish Italian would come as fast as that did. haha. Anyway our little get together turned into a testimony and everyone was crying... it was great!! I don't think I would have ever imagined me in this little room in the middle of Rome having a testimony meeting with a bunch of Phillipinos in my life! The things i've seen so far are just crazy!!! I just can't believe where I am!!

Oh yeah, so if you haven't heard, Italy is pretty humid! So basically i've been wet since i got here. Our laundry takes like a week to dry. So thats pretty fun! You just have to plan really well. Also i'm so angry. So I wore my shower sandals EVERYWHERE in the MTC. And I get to Italy and guess who gets athletes foot... this girl! hahah. Oh well, I just wash my feet every night in this lovely thing called a bidet ( it's next to a toilet and Europeans use it to clean their bums, it's the thing that squirts water at you. haha) anyway we never use it for it's actual purpose.. so we all use it to wash our feet. It's perfect!!

Oh i have a funny story for you!! So i'm sitting in Sacrament meeting and this lady next to me grabs my hand and starts looking at my nails. Then she turns to me and is like "bad nutrition, no eat pasta, no eat sugar!" " eat only protein, frutta e veggies!" I'm just sitting there laughing in my mind because i hadn't even eaten pasta yet. and then she continues "look at all these zits! you need to fix your face" then she points out all my zits.. which turns out to be only like five, and three of them were actually mosquito bites. haha! My companion was just like "yep Italians are a bold people" haha! I just thought it was funny!!!

So with skype, I will be skyping Saturday night which for you is Saturday morning about Nine! Im not sure what your skype address is.. but i will try looking for your emails! Also if you see that I have a skype, add me to your friend list that will make it easier! I hope that Saturday morning works for you. If we can't figure things out then i'll call and try to set it up or get your addresses for skype! Also will you put my apartment address on facebook. If you haven't already.

So we had a member dinner (pizza) on Sunday and they put all these green olives on it.  They didn't cut them up either, so there was just these huge olives! I would take a bite and just swallow the olive whole! I'm so proud i didn't choke! haha.. but the pizza itself was super good!

Anyway mom you will be happy to know that I like tomatoes now. They taste like candy here! K, so I have to go but I love you all so much. You are the best and I miss you like crazy!! I'm so happy to have Christs name over my heart! love you and miss you!!

Love Sorella Felice!! vi voglio bene!!!
ps dad i will be on email saturday morning real quick to see your response for skype so email me before then with all the info i need about skyping you guys love you!!

Here is Paula's address if you would like to send her a letter or package

Letters:

Sister Felice
viale alessandrino, 250
00172, Roma Italia

Packages:

Sister Felice
piazza carnaro 20
00141, Roma Italia


She found an Orange with the leaf still on it. Yep... she had never seen this. So she bought it! 


Her District minus two Sisters


ancient ruins everywhere!

Holy Nutella!!






Harry Potter in ITALY!!


Yummy Gelato EVERYWHERE!



Pretty! Random Church in her zone

No comments:

Post a Comment