Sunday, May 18, 2014

IO SO CHE VIVE IL REDENTOR!!!!!!

Ciao tutti!!!

Wow this week was soooo amazing!! I've decided that Easter is my favorite holiday in the Mission. Christmas is great but Easter we get to celebrate the Atonement and the Resurrection. I woke up and just felt sooooo happy in my heart. That sounds so cheesy but I just had this peaceful feeling that because of the resurrezione we all get to live together for ETERNITY!!!! Anyway. Easter is CRAZY HERE!!!! The whole week is just pazzesca!!! First off they start out with Palm Sunday. Then things settle down but on Good Friday everyone GOES CRAZY!!!! Then Sunday they all celebrate. It was kind of cool! 

For Easter we went to a members house and we had the traditional Easter Dinner. (get ready for this) We ate hard boiled eggs (cause they represent life (something about the yolk) with salami (italians.) olives (represents the atonement I think) and then they put lemon all over it.... so weird! Eggs, meat, olives, and lemon. Let me just tell you, they do not go well together! Then for the second course they brought out a lamb of course... remember when I was young and said I would never eat lamb... well it's impossible here to not eat lamb. Then after that we went and visited an investigator and did a lesson on Christ..HOLY MADONNA YOU GUYS NEED TO WATCH THE NEW BIBLE FILMS THE CHURCH HAS MADE!!!!! They are on lds.org I think and they are STUNNING!!!! so cool!!! Me and Sorella Baker have started to watch them during our lunch hours... they are sooooo good!!!! anyway sidenote.

Yesterday was Pasquetta which is another holiday they have. (with christmas and easter they celebrate for two days.) So we had a ward activity and we went to a camp ground - carnival-market-church. It was super fun we had a bbq and the Anziani (Elders) brought a football so we played football (a real football the one that is shaped like an egg) One of the Anziani here played football for ASU so he taught us all how to play. Anyway it was super fun!!!! 
For the rest of this week... what happened. Last p-day we went shopping with some of the young women in the ward and they all hate our missionary clothing and we trying to put outfits together for us that were italian style... but they werent... and then they just called us ugly! hahah! oh well. 

Our investigators are not doing so good. Last transfer they all had baptism dates and were just rock solid and right now they aren't even seeing us so thats been hard. we've been trying to think of ways to be more creative but... we just cant get through. So pray that this week is better and we get some lessons. 

We did find two new investigators this week and we got two new investigators last week so that is AWESOME!!!!! One of them is a mother and daughter and I just LOVE THEM!!!! The 11year old always wants to pray and she blesses all the animals and they are just soooo cute!!!! Anyway thats about it for this week. 
I love you all so much and I KNOW this church is true. I love God with all my heart and i'm eternally grateful for my Savior. I love you all so much!!!! I'LL SEE YOU IN THREE WEEKS FOR MOTHERS DAY!!!! 

con tutto il mio cuore
Sorella Felice 

ps.. in Italian Foggia actually means beautiful, but then foggia got bombed in world war 2 by the Americans and now its not beautiful (say the foggians) 

No comments:

Post a Comment