Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ribs in Italy!!


Buon Giorno tutti!!!

So this week we got our new mission president!!!!! PRESIDENTE WADDOUPS! He is super nice and really tall! on Saturday we went to the mission office with all the other Rome Missionaries and welcomed the waddoups and we sang the hymn of Rome to them and they were crying and it was the best!! You guys have to hear the hymn of Rome one day!! When we sing it we all put are arms around eachother, sway (and like all italians) SING AS LOUD AS YOU CAN!!! literally we scream the song!!!! Anyway, it was really fun!!! That morning we were getting ready and we all had to look nice and presentable the the new mission president and I was wearing my hope necklace (you know the one that says hope on it) anyway we are getting ready and suddenly Sorella Bradford starts to look at me and she just starts busting up laughing and i'm like "ought oh" what is wrong. She was like "Sorella Felice" are you going to wear a necklace that says "HO" to meet the new pres. I look down and the P and the E are gone and my necklace says HO! good thing she noticed that!!!

This week we went to go visit one of our new converts. Her name is Dorris and her husbands name is Monday. I think i've talked to you about them before. Anyway there refugee camp closed down and I guess all the refugee camps here that are government run were closed? So they found a private camp to live in. We went over to visit them and we asked them if they liked the government camps or the private ones better and they said the government ones. Because they actually give the refugees the money that the country has provided and in the private ones they don't (for example in the regular camps they get like 30 Euro a week for food and in the private they give them like five cartons of milk and some rice). Anyway so we asked why this happens and they said that the UN trys to think of ways to help so they hire these men who own an apartment buildings and then they give them money to turn it into a camp and take care of the refugees.....well guess who the UN has hired to take care of them? the Mafia!!!!!!!!!!!! no joke!! So these men smuggle money out of the camps for the Mafia!!!! so basically the mafia is very big and very much alive still in italy!!!! And the UN knows about it but its between trying to help and not helping at all so they rather just feed mafia money!!! It was really sad everyone in the camp was begging us to take their children! Like they followed us into Dorris and Mondays home saying like "please please take them!" and they were all kids under the age of 1 and it was just so sad! Did you know that southern Italy can almost be considered  a 3rd world country?? Crazy huh!

So this week we were playing do you love your neighbor(you ask someone do you love your neighbor and if they say yes then their neighbors switch seats and if they say no then they say but i like people who are wearing black t shirts and then everyone in black t shirts switch places and there is one seat missing so one person is always "it") in english course and its Micheles turn (the one that was just baptized) and he says "no but i like sh***" haha he was trying to say "shirt" it was sooooo funny but sad! He was so cute though this week. He stood up in english course and was said "I was baptized on Sunday and i'm sooo happy!!!" i love him he is the best!!!!!!

So yesterday we had zone conference and we were at termini which is the biggest train station in italy... we always are there to catch trains and buses out to visit members and such. Anyway, so we are down stairs going to the metro and I hear this screaming noise and I look over and I see this man who is bent over with his pants down PEEING!!! INSIDE!! Never seen that before! It was crazy! Then on the way back from zone conference this crazy old lady comes up to us and is telling us how nice we look and she is proud that we are modest then we get on the metro and she starts screaming at these two teenage girls about how they aren't modest! Then everyone on the train got involved and this huge fight broke out..... Termini is a really fun place!!!! We did talk to the two girls afterwards and we told them that we wear pants too when we aren't on the mission! haha.

Last week for Pday one of the members took us shopping at this HUGE mall. We went to H&M and gap and some really cool italian stores and I bought some clothes it was super fun! Then we went to eat at a place called old wild west!! hahah. I had a rack of ribs!!!!!!!! soooooo goooooood!!!!

So Sorella Bradford and I have come up with the funnest game ever!!! When we get on pubic transport we guess who all the American tourists are!!! its really fun!! and then we talk to everyone on the bus/tram/metro/train cause we are missionaries and thats what we do!!!!

So i just want to say how much i love all of you guys!!! you are the best and im so thankfull for all the support I've been given! I know I've said this but I LOVE MY MISSION!!!!! its the hardest thing i've ever done but everyday when I say my prayers I thank my Heavenly Father for this experience. and I thank him for all of you!!! Im so thankful that I can feel Gods love for his children here in Italy! Every single one of them is a child of God and I cant help but love them.... even some of the crazies at Termini.. I love my mission so much and I will treasure it my whole life. It is the best thing anyone can do is to go on a mission no matter what the circumstance! I love you all so much (vi voglio bene tantissimo!!!) I miss you and pray for you everyday!!!!
Ciao Ciao!!!
Sorella felice!!!

PS did you know Nicole and Lauryn are going on missions!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR THEM!!!


RIBS!! YUMMY

They could not go in the Apple Store. Not sure why! 


This pole had a sticker with Felice on it so thy hung an english poster on it too!



Dorris and Sunny 


Writing a letter to Mom on the "Crazy Train"


The Gap!


So this one is cool. This is a picture that was found in the mission home of her new Mission President. In the row above him and two to the right is our Uncle Mike from when he served his mission in Italy! 


1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I saw your post on my parents mission blog and I clicked over. I cannot believe how young my dad looks there.

    I'm glad your sister is having a good experience on her mission. I hope you don't mind if I pop over occasionally.

    ReplyDelete