Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Soaked to the bone!


Ciao Tutti!!

HEY we just got back from the vatican because Sorella Pancheri had never been and it was sooooooo cool!!!!!! We got to go underneath the Basilica this time into the CATACOMBS!!! We saw all of these cool coffins that the Popes are buried in and THEN GUESS WHAT WE SAW!!!! THE BURIAL PLACE OF THE APOSTLE PETER!!!!! It was so cool!!!! And even though it's in a Catholic Cathedral you could totally feel the spirit!! Everyone was quiet and respectful and it was just so cool!!! One thing that is ironic though is that they consider Peter the first pope of the catholic church, but they are the ones that killed him??? Weird... there is a car on the street outside the internet point (cafe) listening to what sounds like a new Rihanna song. Yuck!

So I read the coolest talk this week!! You guys should read it! It's by Pres Monson and it is his talk from April 2011 General Conference called "The Holy Temple, a Beacon To the World"!!! The ending is the BEST!! (I cried like a baby!!)

So this week Sorella Mikesell and I went to go visit this potential investigator named Adesuwa (she is Nigerian. We honestly mostly teach nigerians cause they speak english and they are THE BEST!!) Anyway so we go on sunday and it is super hot outside and i got really sick this week so we are sitting on this bus and I was just praying my little heart out cause I felt like I was going to die. And we get to her house in like 45 minutes!! Which never happens! It usually takes an hour and a half, to two hours. But every time we had to switch buses, the other bus was right there! (which never happens on a regular day, not to mention Sundays when the buses only come every 1 to 2 hours!!!) Anyway THE LORD ANSWERS PRAYERS!!! SO PRAY!! I was just reading Alex's (one of Paula's best guy friends serving in Peru) letters and I thought to my self "His miracles are like we found a family of ten to baptize and mine are like YES THE BUS CAME!!!" HAHAH! You can tell that Italy is a little different! Anyway, we get to her house and she isn't home! So we are heading back, and suddenly we hear thunder! Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense cause I felt like I was cooking over a spit! So suddenly out of no where it starts to pour!!!!! And we get on a bus right then so we weren't too wet. Then we meet this cool Nigerian women who is friends with Dorris and Monday!!! So we talk to her for a long time, and get her number. It was great until we have to get off the bus.... we got back to the apartment and the other sisters open the door and just laugh!! Sorella Bradford said "it started raining and we just prayed for you but i guess it didn't work" hahah, as we walk in with our shoes squishing water out of them! hahah We looked like two wet dogs!!!

Ok so monday (the day, not our investigator) we had to go to the Questura to get my finger printing done (visa stuff) and we have to cross under these rail road tracks to get there (its where the gypsy camp is.... the ones that stoned us!) So we get everything done and we walk out and guess what we hear thunder again!!! So we run for like 20 min to the train tracks. We get to the tunnel underground and it looked like a scene from "i am legend!!!" the tunnel lights are flickering and its flooded with water.. we can hear all the thunder and at the very end of the tunnel is the BIGGEST german shepherd I have ever seen!!!! It was hurt but it was super muscly and it had red eyes!!! No joke! It looked like a zombie dog!!!!!!!! and im not kidding about the red eyes!!! So me and Sorella Mikesell scream and run back up the stairs and the other sisters are like do you want to stay here with the Gypsys or try to get passed the dog? So we went with the dog and it was the scariest moment of my life!!!!!!!! The dog followed us for another 15 minutes... I was basically in tears it was so scary!!!

So we went to Dorris's this week and guess what?!? She said she would make us African skirts!!!!!!! im so excited!!! I feel like I might be in Africa instead of italy!! But i'm super excited because those African skirts are sooooo pretty!!!

So for the 4th of july we had a party with our english course and it was super fun!! We tried to make rootbeer floats with coke and gelato but it tasted like toothpaste :( but it was great because the ward was there with a BUNCH of our simps!! (investigators)

So about two nights ago Sorella Mikesell and I are doing language study and we notice that there is an abnormal amount of bugs in our apartment and a lot of them are by my corner of the room, right by my bed! I just got a new mattress so I was hope they weren't in it! So I lift up my bed to see and my pen falls between the wall and my mattress. So I move my whole bed out and guess what is there??... food storage!!!!! but there was also millions of these little weevil bugs!!! Then there was this huge pregnant spider! So Sorella Mikesell and I are trying to get the spider onto our broom (cause if you smash it all the babies go everywhere). Finally I get it on and run out onto the balcony and shake the broom off... and suddenly our down stairs neighbor is yelling at us! So hear we are trying to describe that there was a pregnant spider in Italian and he just started to laugh cause we couldn't say it in italian anyway we cleaned up all the bugs and bleached the house!!! Yikes

So did you know that catholics believe in a St. called Padre Pio who apparently atoned for 1/3 of the sins of the world.... random fact.

Anyway sorry this letter was so long I love all of you so much!!!! And always remember to pray!!!!
Sorella Felice!


SOAKED!! and I'm not sure why Paula is wearing Sorella Bradfords Missionary Badge???


We are crying because Mom sent us flaming hot Cheetos and Good and Plenty's!







Our Slushy's looked like the Italian Flag!


No comments:

Post a Comment