Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gypsies and Prostitutes!


Ciao Tutti!!!

This week was super interesting!! We had so much happen!! we had this random day this week where we taught over six lessons!! Which is crazy for this mission. I was so excited we got so many numbers, and talked to so many people that we ran out of pass along cards!!! Ahh I loved it, and now we have two new investigators!! We called it our miracle day!

So we had a lesson with one of our investigators, and we were sitting on this wall/ ruin in the park and suddenly my comp starts screaming. There are ants all over her! haha it was kind of funny, but sad i was laughing! Then I looked down and they were all over me too! So I guess I deserved that one haha.

We had a lesson with this lady named Beatrice. She told us how she was vegan and how she believes that taking good care of your body makes you more spiritual. So, we were like "YES" "lets talk about this thing we believe in called the word of wisdom" and she loved it. She then took us to her house to eat lentals for lunch. We were all healthy for about four hours, then we got gelato, so....  I was healthy for about four hours one day this week! hahah.

We went to dinner at Darios house this week and his Dad just calls me "Calabria". Its super funny! They made us mushroom pasta..... yum??. They made it just for me though, and they bought these expensive mushrooms from Calabria. So i was sitting there while he kept asking me "Calabria, do you like it?" and i'm just chewing on all these mushrooms like "yeah its great"! haha that was a fun night. (editors note: Paula hates mushrooms.)

OK FUNNIEST STORY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we had to go get finger printing done at this police station for our permesso di giorno (visa stuff). We are walking in the middle of no where to get there, and we run into a GYPSY CAMP!! It was crazy! So I take a picture of it, yikes! Then we go get our finger printing done, and we start to head back. As we pass it again Sorella Mikesell was like "I need a picture of this too". So she makes sure no one is watching her and takes a picture of the camp.... well, there was someone watching her! These two boys come running and they keep asking her why she took the picture?? Probably over forty times! Then one comes up to me and sees my YW medallion and GRABS IT!! He kept tugging at my necklace trying to break it off (probably cause they thought it was real gold, haha). Then they go for one of the sisters bags, and they get in a full on tug a war!!! No joke! So we start walking a way real fast, and then suddenly we hear a thud. They HIT SORELLA MIKESELL WITH A ROCK!!  So she starts running at them clapping her hands screaming... basta basta!! (enough) Then they get bigger rocks (like huge stones) and start throwing them at us... so yeah we got stoned this week! It was super crazy!!! Anyway, their aim was horrible! I don't know how they managed to hit Sorrela Mikesell in the first place. She had an afro though, so she was alright :) She is going to right a book called "My Afro Saved My Life" haha. So, right after we got through the gypsy camp we passed a lot of prostitutes.... at this point we decided that was a bad part of town!!!

So some how every week we seem to find a creepy guy, but this week it was funny. We were walking and this guy comes up to us and he says some bad things to us in Italian. All three of us at the same time make a throwing up noise and walk away. Then he screams at us in attempted english "but I lovvvvve you!" haha! It was too funny.

anyway i dont have that much time today but that is what happened this week :) I love my mission so much! I get to talk to all these people and learn the coolest things about them... and then on top of learning about them, I get to teach them the gospel in the most beautiful language in the world!! I LOVE IT!!



 Sorrell Mikesell's afro on the left :)
They got super hungry on day so they went to the grocery store and bought chicken. Paula must have been super hungry because she does not even like chicken.




(Gypsy Camp)
 They got to play volleyball on P-day.

 One of their investigators.
Love Sorella Felice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment