Wednesday, November 13, 2013

JUST SINGING IN THE RAIN!!! (RUNNING, NOT SINGING)



Ciao tutti!!!

It was so good to get emails from everyone!! First off Jill I'm so sorry about you Dad. I will keep your family in my prayers! My heart is just broken for you and Matt! Dad said something super interesting that made me think of you.. "the work is not only hastening on this side of the veil but on the other side also" I know that your Dad is helping those people on the other side and I know that you will always be able to feel the love he has for you! 
Well, this week was super interesting! First off at the beginning of the week Sorella Kippen and I were finding as usual and we met this lady in the park, and she was super nice!!! So I handed her a restoration pamphlet and we left (probe should have talked to her about it, I'm an idiot) Anyway, we are walking back ten minutes later and she is reading the pamphlet!!! So that night we have English course and she comes! So we get her number and we have a lesson with her right then and there. She is amazing, seriously. So we taught her the word of wisdom, law of tithing, the restoration, temples and the plan of salvation that night. It was so amazing!!! The next morning we have another huge lesson with her! And she was like half way into the book of Nephi! So she is like done with all the lessons and she asked if she could get a priesthood blessing to stop smoking!! (GOLDEN!!!! this doesn't happen!!) When we started teaching her I could tell it was going to be a home run, like when you hit the ball and you just KNOW its going over the fence, she was it!! So we set up an appointment for the next day with the anziani. Well, she gives us a bidone (no show) and we try to call her, her phone is off?? So the next day we try to call her and she tells us that she can never see us..... I don't know what happened :( but I guarantee that I've not experienced that kind of heartbreak on my mission. Sorella Kippen and I were just devastated. I still have hope that she will come back and if not now then for sure some time in the future! She is so golden and so ready… it just breaks my heart. Anyway, so that was kind a hard….

so I wanted to include this... this is Sorella Kippens letter regarding are new investigator but not (This week when we were doing finding we stopped and talked to a man under a tree and he didn't really want to talk all that much about our religion but nonetheless we talked to him. Suddenly i felt three distinct drops fall on me...yes it was poop, pigeon poop. The man said that it is good luck...Italians are so superstitious. They have a myth for just about everything. So I took my jacket off and froze until we went in for lunch. After lunch we went finding again and found a woman sitting on a bench with tons of pigeons by her feet. (it's a sign!) So we went and talked to her and she turns out to be our new investigator! She pretty golden and she was really excited about everything but then when we called her yesterday she said she didn't want to talk to us again...ugh...so getting pooped on by pigeons is just real crap shot no matter how much you want it to be good luck.)

K so now for the fun part of the week! First off Sorella Kippen and I were again finding and we came across this lady and she lived in Rome! So I asked her where and she lives two streets away from the Sorella in Rome 3!!!!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED!!! We taught her a lesson right there and she was awesome! She loved the book of Mormon (probs cause it was from South America, oh yeah from CALI COLUMBIA!! weird huh!! (that's where Jesse is!) Anyway, I gave her the directions to the church in Rome (so weird) and then we got her number and I got to call SORELLA PACE to give her the referral!!!!! So that was way cool! 

Yesterday we found out that we are in charge of the musical number for zone conference tomorrow…..YIKES! So we went to the church to practice. We decided we are going to do Army's of Helaman in Italian!! Pretty cool, right? Somehow I got roped into singing and me and Sorella Kippen have to sing a whole verse by ourselves (Sorella Kippen is a singer... I'm not) So we practiced and when we finished we were all getting ready to leave and we look out side… um, its like hurricane status!!! Sorella Kippen and I don't even have umbrellas…. The church is about a twenty minute walk from our apartment unless we catch a bus. The Anziani are even futher, like 30 minutes away from the church (if they are running). So we are all sitting inside thinking of what to do... needless to say we needed to be in our apartment in ten minutes so we just decided to run..... FUNNEST MOMENT ON MY MISSION!!! I seriously don't think I've had that much fun!!! We were all just laughing and running as fast as we could!!!!! Anziano Robinson's umbrella broke and he was running with it in front of him  like he was going to ram something or like he was pretending to be Superman. HA HA! SOOOO funny!!! Luckily a bus came as we were running!!!! Oh! So we got to the bus stop and ALL THE ANZIANI UMBRELLAS WERE BROKEN!!!! It was hilarious!! Anziano Birberg had this REALLY nice umbrella that everyone has here in Italy and it was just broken, so sad, and sooo funny. I'll send pics!!

anyway, I love you all so much! Miss you like crazy!!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Con mia tutto cuore 
Sorella Felice

She found her favorite condiment!! She was sooooo happy! 
like Christmas happy….



Sorella Kippen and Paula after running in the rain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment