Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Birthdays, Chilli, and Pumpkin Pie!!


Ciao tutii!!!

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!! seriously it was so amazing, Alex said this in his letter but its really true! "missionaries are more excited for general conference, then for christmas as a child!!" Anyways, I loved every second of it!! This was super funny, we were planning on friday morning and are zone leader called us and said "so Presidente and Sorella Waddoups are coming to SASSARI!!!" so we watched general conference with the Mission President!!! It was really cool!! and they would have really good insights! Also did you guys just love Elder Edward Dube's talk? He reminds me of my investigators in Rome! I LOVED how he said that missionary work is like cattle and how if only the one cow is moving (the full time missionaries) we won't move, we need ALL of the members ,missionary or not (all members are misisonaries though) need to move!! The Lord is hastening this work and I KNOW that what the apostles talked about this weekend is vitally important! Take head to their words! I promise you that you will find no greater joy in this life (besides in the family) then sharing the gospel to those you love! Please please pray for missionary opportunities!!! Remember 1 person before christmas in each ward (if we do that we will have 30,000 new members!!!!! Also I loved Uchtdorfs talk(s)!! (President let us watch priesthood with all the anziani and Sorella Waddoups (it was SOO WEIRD)) Uchtdorfs talks were so good though!! especially the "join with us!" one. One of the companionships had an investigator there and so it was the bomb!!! I love President Uchtdorf so much!!! Also President Monsons talk broke my heart! I was just bawling all the way through it!!! Especially that his anniversary was on my birthday.  That is all I could think about, please pray for him!

So my birthday was super funny. We had General Conference Saturday night and then all day Sunday (we had to watch them out of order because of the time difference). We were going to watch the last sunday evening session today, but monday we packed and went down to Caglieri! The sisteres there had to make food for Zone Conference. So we spent time making Chilli and 7 layer Mexican bean dip (I seriously don't know how the sisters found ingredients for that). Then we made eggplant and corn bread and tirmasu!! It was sooooo yummy, and I got chilli for my Birthday which was the best!!!!! Tuesday was Zone Conference all day. So we got the the church at 8 and left at 4 and didn't get back to Sassari until almost ten!!! We will probably have to take the train again to Caglieri for transfers... hahah. Lets just say I'm officially out of money from buying so many train tickets!! hahah. Anyway we didn't really have that big of a week since we had Zone Conference and then General Conference.

OH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KATIE HOOPS! AND EDEN COPE!

So I do have some pretty crazy news from the mission P-DAY IS NOW ON MONDAY!!! CRAZY!!!! So this week we kind of get two p-days!! Weird huh!!

So nothing else really happened this week! Thanks for the boots Mom (by the way) I LOVE THEM! I just want to say how much I love my mission and how much I LOVE SASSARI!! I kind of want to stay here the rest of my mission! HA! That won't happen but I just really love it!! (by the way I saw 2 flamingos this week!!!!) the people are so funny and it's just the best place in the world. It feels like home!!! Ahhhhhh and seriously I am troppo felice that I had the opportunity to go on a mission!!! I have never been so happy in my entire life!!! I'm so glad that my name means happy in Italian because there is no better way to tell you how I feel!!!! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL AND MY MISSION AND THE CHURCH AND THE PROPHET AND THE APOSTLES!!!! THIS IS REAL!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE! I LOVE MY FAMILY!

anyway ciao ciao love you all loads!!!!
com mia tutto cuore

Sorella felice

by the way the pics are one of us at general conference, we made taco salad and then the members brought us TONS of food they are the bomb.com! one is me with the old italian men playing checkers in the park (too classy to not send) and then dad you asked if we ever ate hamburgers, yes yes we do! however we do not have mexican food we found some taco seasoning in caglieri but other than that there is nothing close to mexican food here! also im out of hot sauce :(



ok so the first one is the spider we found on our church! i was so scared its like the size of a tennis ball! i didnt think there were spiders here till this week hahah
the other is the only pics i took on my birthday, they are both in caglieri when we were walking to the sister house from the train station







No comments:

Post a Comment