Thursday, April 11, 2013

Conference and More


CIAO TUTTI!!!


This week was pretty uneventful but General Conference was super fun. I loved every minute of it!!!!! During a talk about temples, they showed a picture of a temple.  Guess what? It was the Rome Temple! My whole zone was sitting together and you could hear us all gasp because we were trying to keep quiet. It was our temple though!! It's so weird to be learning a language. During conference I kept translating what they were saying into Italian. It was pretty weird. Also they let us watch the "Mighty Band of Youth between conference on Sunday because they had filmed the choir. So we stayed to watch it and I had totally forgot about that interview from Olympus. They showed us walking into the building and I was shocked they aired the interviews. Then they went on to Sister Dalton. I was all happy cause i got to see Olympus and all my friends. It was great and then like BAM, there was my face on the screen. I just froze and my companion was like "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, my companion is famous"!! It was pretty funny and shocking! Everyone kept coming up to me after and were saying "oh you were that girl on the clip between conference" haha. 

There are TANTO (a ton) of kids from Olympus here!! Just in my zone there are four that are from Olympus. It's so weird! Anziano Johnson and I tried to count all the Olympus kids here and there was more than 15, it's crazy!!

Oh yeah, it was hilarious... Neil L Anderson was talking about the MTC for a while in his talk and he said "It's a bit over-crowed there right now" the whole room just started to laugh... HA. There were almost 4,000 missionaries in that room and some missionaries in over flow rooms and he was talking about how the MTC was "a little overcrowded"!! We got two more girls in our room this week, so now we have six girls. We were pretty lucky though, every room on our floor had six girls except us! They are super cute! They are going to Washington. I told them that my brother was serving there right now! They were all very interested in learning about the mission and the work Wesley is doing there! Did you guys hear the talk where he told a story about "Bruce"? He was one that always super happy, and one day the weather was really bad. It was early in the morning and he was singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning". It totally reminded me of Mom singing that when she would walk me to school in the mornings. She always did it to embarrass me, but I thought it was so funny! I told my companion that and she said that her Mom would sing it every morning too... haha! We obviously have the same Mom!!! 

I got a ton of pictures this week so thanks everyone who sent them to me! they are hanging up all over my room! Oh yeah, where did Hannah Ryting get her call to? I heard she got it this week!

OK, funny story! So we have devotionals Sundays and Tuesdays. All these cool people come and talk to us. However, this is like the most annoying thing ever. Every opening song we sing during devotionals is "Called To Serve"! Every single time we have to sing that song. I'm pretty sure its because every visitor who comes here wants to hear us sing it, but its getting so annoying!!!! I really liked that song before the MTC, but now we just sing it way too much. I even have it memorized in Italian. I don't think Ive gone one day without having to sing it!

I missed having a girls night out on Saturday during priesthood :( All i could think of was going out with all my Sisters and my Mom! We watched the Young Women broadcast which was pretty good! This little beehive gave the opening prayer and you could tell she was terrified.. I felt really bad, but it was kind of funny. She was like screaming into the mic! haha. The YW Conference was great though. Sister Dalton's talk was AMAZING!  I cried all the way through it! 

K well i have to go because i don't have anytime left but i love you all so much and miss you like crazy!!!! 

Vi voglio bene!! Love Sorella Felice

editors note

IN CASE YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE PINK PANTHER REFERENCE NOTED IN THE LAST EMAIL... I ADDED THE VIDEO AT THE END OF THE LAST POST. IT IS HILARIOUS AND I WOULD ADVISE ALL TO WATCH IT. 




I can't (but will) figure out how to turn the pictures. But until then you had to see this last picture. The note says "this way the ministry of magic". They found this while cleaning toilets one day!! Paula said she almost died laughing. It made her life complete! 



No comments:

Post a Comment