Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Here on Giligan's Island


Ciao tutti!!!

I LOVE MY NEW ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! It is PIU BELLISSIMA!! Everyone here is super nice and there are millions of cute little old Italian men EVERYWHERE! Oh my goodness it's really just beautiful here! The streets are so tiny that cars can't drive on them and EVERYTHING is cobblestone which is hard to walk on all day long during finding. hahah But it's Italy so I really can't complain!!! I wish I could describe how beautiful it is here! It's not only beautiful but it's also very clean compared to my old ghetto!!! Rome will always be my city but I love it here!!! Sorella Kippen and I are the only sisters up here (literally we are in the middle of nowhere). Our members are the best!! They spoiled the sisters here, they set up our apartment and its new and HUGE!!! It's all furnished from Ikea. So we have all Ikea furniture and our beds are so nice. They have the cutest sheets! Our closet runs along the whole wall. It's almost like a walk in, and then we have like a bran new kitchen!!! I cant believe how nice it is! I am so grateful. 

So, getting over here was an experience. Let me tell you about it. We took a plane from Rome to Cagliari and then 3 trains until we reached Sassari (with all my suitcases). So I left Rome at 6:00 in the morning and I didn't get to Sassari until 11:00 that night. I have yet to see a flamingo because apparently they are only in Cagliari, but we are going there this weekend. Guess why?  ELDER BALLARD IS COMING TO ROME!!!! So all the missionaries in Napoli e Sardegna and Roma are going to go to the Conferenza Di Palo with him!!! I'm so excited!! I get to go back to Rome!!!!! Oh and I get to see Elder Ballard!!

So my card reader broke, so no pictures of the BEAUTIFUL Sassari today. I'm sorry! Just imagine the most Italian town you can think of with everyone hanging their clothes out to dry and little cobblestone streets everywhere!! OH YEAH, THERE IS ALSO A BEACH (not that we get to enjoy being on it, but we can enjoy looking at it)!!!!!! LOVE IT!!

It's interesting being with someone younger then me in the mission. We are really working on our Italian! Luckily the people here only speak Sardo (Italian-Spanish mix) to each other and they speak Italian to us so that is good. I did learn that "ciao" in sardo is "ajuice"!!! You can tell it sounds a little more Spanish than Italian. Oh and Sards are very proud to be Sards!!! They don't say they are Italian they say they are Sards. hahah Which is funny. They name all their food with the word Sard in front of it.. like "dolci" is a kind of sweet and they call it here "sard dolci" or "sard potate" (which is just potatoes) They are hilarious!! I already love them so much. they eat a lot of snail here though!!! help me! I refuse to eat snail!!!!

Fun fact our apartment are by these old baths (you know in history when people would go take there "yearly bath" well we live by those) they look super gross, but very pretty and old!! Another fun fact, in the Internet point this lady is listening to "girls just want to have fun" right now. hahah good times!

Ok next thing about Sassari!! So you know how Milan is like fashion capitol of the world? Well, in Sassari they have all of the Milan fashion stores :)  I might be broke when I leave this island!! I have never seen such beautiful clothes. That sounds so weird, but it is true!!! Everything is just soooooooooo nice the clothes are such good quality!!!! ahhh the shoes!!!!!! The SHOES ARE TO DIE FOR!!! Mom we might need to come here when you guys pick me up!!!!!!!!

Another thing I am so grateful for... WE HAVE A REAL CHURCH BUILDING! It's like real!! It has a steeple and everything!!! It's beautiful!! Rome 3's Church was actually and old prison... so there were bars on the windows (hahah so our investigators couldn't escape mwahah jk)! The members here even bought our apartment for the missionaries to use. They are so nice!! and there are even big families, and ok well there is one huge family! and that's about all the members hahah In fact it's not even a ward it's a branch but its soooooo amazing I JUST LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!!

TELL NATHAN TANTI AGURI ON BEING BAPTIZED!!! I wish I was there! I'm so excited that you guys are so close to being sealed as a family!! You are the best and I have THE BEST nephews in the whole world!!!!!

Ok, so there aren't as many foreigners here... So I don't have very many fun stories like there was in Rome so I'm sorry if my emails might get more boring.  hahah (this Internet point is great, she is now listening to (whats the song that goes "listen to your heart when hes calling for you") it is just a bunch of old women 80s songs hahah)

So my district here has Anziano Wozl who was in my first district. He is Austrian and he has an Anziano who is from Sweden hahah its kind of strange. Sorella Kippen is from Ogden, and we get along really well! We have been working super hard! We do a lot of finding because the branch doesn't actually have that many less active members. It seems like everyone knows who we are already though, we talk to a lot of the same people everyday! hahah Well anyway, that's about all i have to say. Oh, JK this week we were finding and we heard this huge commotion and we went down a couple of alley ways and we found an ITALIAN RAP CONCERT!!!! let me tell you Italian rap is pretty intense!!!! Then we found and old Spanish castle??? Ok, that is all. Anyway I love you all so much. Thanks for all the emails I love hearing about your lives sooooo much. I love you all like crazy and oh my gosh I only have a year left :(....... (gulp) i need to learn Italian... I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

con affetto
Sorella Felice

No comments:

Post a Comment